Sunday, October 24, 2010

Update From Bill

Bill is actually typing this posting. I wanted to let everyone know that I'm home after a successful operation to expand my right lung. I also learned that my cancer is in remission after 3 ICE chemotherapy treatments. I feel better today than I have since my relapse in September and finally have the energy to type something.

I will start my visits to the Jewish Hosptial this week to initiate my bone marrow stem cell transplant. I will first get one more ICE chemotherapy treatment. After the treatment, the doctors will start harvesting my healthy stem cells from my blood supply. Once they have enough stem cells, I will get a 'knock out' session of chemotherapy. As I recover from the session, they will reintroduce the stem cells back into my body. After 4-6 weeks, the process will complete and my Hodgkin's will be in complete remission.

I thank everyone for the prayers, cards, calls, and meals. It's meant a great deal to me and my family

God Bless,
Bill,

No comments:

Post a Comment