Saturday, November 14, 2009

Saturday, November 14

Yesterday, I got my third chemotherapy treatment. That went fine. I will be getting another white blood cell booster shot from Joy later today. Although these make my drousy for a couple of days, the doctor told me that this side effect will decrease through my treatments.

I also had to visit the hospital this week because my temperature rose to 100.5. It turned out to be a mild case of the flu, however, the doctors are always cautious and bring me in to make sure I don't have any type of bacterial infection. It turns out to have been a 48 hour viral bug and I feel fine now.

However, while I was at the hospital, I picked up good news from my blood tests and my x-rays. My white blood cell count is back to normal and my immunity system is strong. This means I'll need to get the white blood cell booster shot after every chemotherapy session. They also learned from the x-ray that my tumor had shrunk another 2-3 cm. So, I continue to make very good progress. But, there's still a long way to go.

Thank you again for all your kind wishes, thoughts, and prayers.

Bill

1 comment:

  1. Hi dear....hope that you're having a good week. I'll talk to you this weekend. Love you! xoxoxo Sparky

    ReplyDelete