Friday, December 17, 2010

Update From Bill, Dec 17

Since the last post, I've had the port intalled and have had 3 treatments with the chemotherapy medicicne GVD. Like the rest of these medicicnes, GVD makes me very tired. I did, however, receive a blood transfusion this week and that has helped make breathing easier and has given me more energy.

I will get one more treatment with GVD on Dec 21. Sometime the week after Christmas, I will get another PET scan to see if the GVD is keeping the cancer from spreading. If the GVD is successful, I will start a bone marrow transplant program as early as January. In conjunction with a bone marrow transplant, I may also participate in a clinical trial at the Cleveland Clinic on a new medicine called XGN-35. XGN-35 has shown great promise in keeping Hodgkin's from recurring in patients who have undergone a bone marrow transplant.

I thank everyone again for your support and prayers during this time. I'll post an update after I've gotten my PET scan.

Thanks,
Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment