Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone that has sent me cards, books, CDs, DVDs, and good things to eat. I'm very appreciative and have kept all of you in my prayers.

I'm sorry to report that my PET scan from last week was not very encouaraging. The cancer is still spreading and has now reached my esophagus, stomach, and two spots on my spinal cord. The cancerous mass over my heart has grown and my right lung has partially collapsed. Because the cancer is not under control, I won't be in a stem cell transplant anytime soon. The doctors at Wright Patt, OSU, and the Cleveland Clinic are looking to see if there any clinical trials for Hodgkin's treatments in which I can participate. Unfortunately, there do not appear to be a lot of treatment options available.

Because this is a difficult time for me and my family, I ask that you respect our privacy. I have received more books, movies, and music than I can enjoy right now, so I ask that you please don't forward any more gifts. I do, though, thank God everyday for all that you've done for me and supported my family. I still need your prayers. God bless you.

As things get more settled here, Joy and I will set up a visiting area in our house where I can receive guests. Joy and I will let you know when we're ready. Right now, my blood counts are too low for visitors.

I will post an update after I visit with the doctors this week.

In God's peace,
Bill

1 comment:

  1. This "amazing adventure" through the health care maze is unbelievably moving. I suspect the heroism documented herein is not unusual but the poignant sharing is very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete