Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saturday Morning Update

Well, my first round of chemotherapy went well yesterday. It took about two hours. I have somewhere between 11 and 15 treatments to go depending on progress.

I got great news this morning. First, my bone marrow biopsy proved negative meaning that the cancer is localized to my chest area. Secondly, I will be able to receive the remainder of my chemotherapy treatments in Dayton. I won't need to return to Cleveland until my trachea stint is removed in November or December. Lastly, the best news is that I will be leaving the hosptial today. I will be staying at my brother Robert's home tonight and Joy will pick me up here tomorrow to go home.

I plan to take it easy next week at home to see how I feel and get readjusted to my new life. I'm not going to rush into anything too quickly.

I realize now more than ever that I have lived a blessed life and have a greater appreciation for my friends, loved ones, and family. I've been very fortunate in having several small miracles occur that allowed an incredible medical team to diagnose this in time and provide the care I needed.

I thank all of you for your words and prayers. It made a big difference. Please let me know if I can ever be of any support to you in any capacity. I won't be updating this blog anymore unless there's an urgent update of major significance. Instead, I look forward to seeing, speaking, and writing with you in person.

Many thanks again

Love and peace,
Bill

3 comments:

  1. That sounds pretty good, all things considered. It's great that you can go home and be with your family. Get some rest so you can fight this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill,
    So glad to hear that you can go home. The Arizona part of your family (Todds) are all thinking of you and praying for you.
    Love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you are home, dear! Take care and rest as much as you can. It's all good from here Bubba.....I love you and give me a call when you feel up to it. Give everyone a big hug from me. Take care....Love, ME

    ReplyDelete