Sunday, October 11, 2009

Update, Oct 11

Not much news today.
.
I'm breathing well with the temporary stint that's preventing my trachea from collaping.

Tomorrow, the staff will determine exactly what the tumor is and will prepare my treatment. I will get those done here at the Cleveland Clinic. Once the tumor gets smaller and relieves pressue from my lungs, they will remove the stint.

I have a lot of tests tomorrow, possibly another biopsy, and then the final diagnosis. I appreciate all your thoughts and prayers. I feel the energy from them.

The coolest part of the day was that I had a scope shoved down my nose that looked at my vocal cords and other parts to make sure they were ok.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Richards,

    Thank you for the updates on line. Sounds like you are getting excellent care. We await news on what we can do to help. My cell is 727-804-2361.

    Love,
    The Bartons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again,

    Bill I don't know how much running you've been doing recently. I used to be active on the runners world forums. There is a woman on there named Jenny who went through treatments at the Cleaveland clinic. Her doc was Tim Spiro - although she thought all the doctors there were very good. If you have some time, you might find some of the runners world posts interesting (Jenny's online name is thelearnedfoot).

    Here's her blog with her story. I find her incredibly inspiring:
    http://robchallengeyourself.blogspot.com/2008/11/thelearnedfoot.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying for Bill and the Richard family here in Lebanon OH! We are very optimistic Bill for you, as we dealt with non-hodgkins lymphoma for over 26 years with Karen's mom and were amazed at the progress in medicine for treating it during that time. God Bless! The Sullivans

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bill,

    Just here at work thinking about you. Hope everyhting is going well. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Nancy Ransbottom

    ReplyDelete